MUA: Makeup for Nawti Video

August 10, 2013 by Jaclyn Rose

, , ,




Nawti by Olu Maintain

One of my first gigs when I became a makeup artist was to do makeup for Olu Maintain's Nawti music video. I vividly remember that day like it was yesterday, when in fact it was 2 years ago this month. The music shoot I worked on was in LA and I remember being nervous. I was hoping that my makeup application was what they were looking for.

Prior to this gig, I had only done I believe two other gigs and this was my first music video. I was there for a good eight hours and had worked on 6 female extras. I even remember wearing 5 inch stiletto heels! Big mistake on my part, haha. I stand at 5'0" and sometimes some of the models I work with have at least an 8 inch height on me. So when they are in my makeup chair sometimes I have to tip toe just to reach their faces!

Needless to say, even though it was hectic and non-stop, I had a lot of fun. I love that I got to experience what it was like to be on set. This definitely gave me the opportunity to learn more about being a makeup artist on set.

I didn't get pictures of all the extras I worked on, but I did get the images on some of the ones I worked on. All of the ladies I worked with, other MUAs, hair stylists and all the extras were super awesome and we had a great time!

And I leave a few pictures below from my video shoot for Nigerian music star, Olu Maintain.



I was able to get a quick picture with Olu right before I left for the night.


A few screen shots from the video.








Jackie H Artistry
for more booking info: jackiehartistry@gmail.com
Visit my FB page: http://facebook.com/jackiehartistrydotcom
for more on my rates, please visit my Hair and Makeup Services page

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Suggestions or questions? Feel free to speak your mind. Always glad to hear from my readers!

Would you like a response back, please include your email address in the comment or check back as I do answer questions on the same entry. You can also email me at jroseonline@gmail.com

If you would like a response to a question you ask, please include an email address or some other way in which I can contact you and I will respond.

 
Copyright © 2008-2013 | J. Rose Online